Saturday, February 18, 2006

You said it was dangerous after Sunday, And I knew you loved me.

It's weird when you think that something will be so hard and then its not. I never do anything big. I always have big ideas, big idealogies, big beliefs, but I never get to show anyone I really mean what I say. Well except for this one time now..

Basically, a teacher in one of my classes was going over the course, and starting to lecture on it. So he asks a question, "What do you guys know about the Residential Schools". So I raise my hand, and proceed to tell him that it was genocide. 50,000 children murdered, thousands more abused physically and sexually, and something that went ignored by the government etc etc. He then replied "Class, don't get carried away by the sensationalism of Residential Schools. Lots of native children had good experiences." It was on.

I was very rageful. How dare he say that! So.. I wrote him a long demanding letter, stating he needed to apologize for his remarks and re-address the class fully about the issue. I then enclosed a page full of website sources. And then Spencer came into drama, and gave me like two books plus ALL these photocopied packages together(Pretty much Spencer = Best Person ALIVE). So, I gave it to him.

After the next block I got called into the Principals office, and had to talk to her about it. Basically the teacher feels there was a miscommunication. Basically my principal totally agrees with me about the wholething, and we had a 15 minute conversation at the terribleness of the situation and the fact it should be covered more, and acknowledged by the public as a very terrible thing Canada did. So pretty much i'm really happy. She also went on to say how impressed she was with me for the letter and the sources(cred to Spencer though!). I was like Yeaaah.

I feel good now. Now to see if he'll really apologize. He better or its not over!

Sunday-Monday-Tuesday Model UN. I have to defend Indigenous Rights. Oh irony.

k bye

No comments: