Saturday, February 04, 2006

Pearls and T-Shirts and The Rain

I hate it when I love something to the max, and then Much Music, or some other media outlet that makes everyone love something(this includes celebra-whores like Ashlee Simpson and etc), takes what I love and makes it POPULAR TO THE MAX. Pearls and T-shirts for example. The cross between the rocker chick, and the back east vanderbilt girl. I was reminded of this style I once quite liked, and I dedicate the phenomenon(It being when you love something alone and then everyone and their dog loves it too) to be named "Pearls and T-shirting it". *christened*. Even MEN OF CHEMISTRY can agree its a painful thing to happen. Some of my favourite things have been tainted by the Pearls and TShirt phenomenon, including Tegan and Sara, Sneakers with Skirts, Listening to Indie and The Arcade Fire. Why does it seem like once something has the wind behind it, it ends up sucking more than your mom? OH SIGH.

The rain is freaking out of control. I tried going for a walk down by Holly Farm this afternoon and I couldn't get to the beach due to a MASSIVE LAKE on the road! Me and my dog were LE TRISTE VRAI. It was sad, oui. And then when we walked further, we saw like four mudslides. I was like goooooooooooooooooooooood. Apparently they're having a snowstorm backeast, so i'm pretty glad we're only getting the rain, but EVEN STILL. I wish we could create an agent via chemistry that would stop the rain!

Until next time,
SINEAD

No comments: